- Mind the Gaps: Creating Convincing Crowd Scenes
- Big Beautiful Grain Adds Atmosphere to Images
- Stéphane de Greef: Combining Nature Photography With DocumentaryJose Antunes59 sharesInspired by Don McCullin and Piotr Naskrecki, Stéphane de Greef is a forest engineer, cartographer and photographer with a long career in humanitarian work and a passion for bugs and archaeology. He talks to us about his nature photography and documentary work in Cambodia.Read More…
- Ergonomic Principles and Practice for PhotographersDawn Oosterhoff104 sharesIt’s easy to unintentionally hurt ourselves when photographing and it’s difficult to shoot when hurt. We can prevent injury by changing our posture and how we carry our equipment. This tutorial presents a mini-program of five exercises to help photographers stretch and tone the parts of our bodies we use the hardest when on a shoot.Read More…
- Choosing Which Camera Kit to Take on Holiday
- Working With Light At Night
- Super Fast Clipping Previews
- Students Save 75% on a Yearly Tuts+ Subscription
- Creating The Orton Effect in Photoshop
- New Course: What Every Photographer Should Know About Lenses
- Getting Started With Adobe Lightroom 5: The Photo Workflow
- Trial a 14 Day Tuts+ Subscription for Free
- Macro Photography5 PostsView Learning Guide...
Back in the days of film cameras, macro (or micro) photography referred to an image magnification that was 1:1 or greater in relation to the 35mm film frame. Today, most of compact cameras, bridge cameras and DSLRs (entry level to intermediate) have a macro mode.
Macro photography is a set of techniques that let you focus a little bit closer than usual. Close-up and macro photography is achievable in many ways, even without a dedicated macro lens. In this series of tutorials and articles we explore some of the most popular macro-photography lenses and methods for close-up photography.
- Travel Photography6 PostsView Learning Guide...
The prospect of travelling with heavy and valuable photography equipment can be daunting, but the rewards of photographing while you travel are just too much to resist. In this series we explore how to travel smartly and safely, and how to get the most when you're on the road, whether it's for work or for play.
- Night Photography2 PostsView Learning Guide...
A night photograph as any image taken between dusk and dawn, when the sun is completely below the horizon line. In this series we explore some of the most popular night photography themes, including: cityscapes, astrophotography, fireworks and lightning. We also look at how night photographers look the world from a slightly different point of view, provide some great night-photography examples, and go through the techniques you need to make stunning night photos of your own.
Get weekly updates on new free Photo & Video tutorials via email.