Inspiration from London Ahead of the 2012 Olympics
This year the Olympics are heading to London. Today, we have 50 inspiring images from around the city to offer some inspiration ahead of the games.
Facts about London
- The Olympic Stadium will have a capacity of 80,000 during the Games.
- It is the lightest Olympic stadium ever built.
- The fourteen lighting towers are needed because this the first Olympic Games with HD TV freeze-frame coverage that will be essential to capture the action.
- Part of the supporting structure of the roof is formed from 2,500 tonnes of steel tubing that was actually recycled from old gas pipelines.
- There are over 100 theatres in London, including 50 in the West End. London theatre accounts for 45% of all UK theatre admissions and over 70% of box-office revenues.
- The British eat twice as many baked beans per head as Americans do.
- Although the Great Fire of London destroyed much of the city, only six people were killed.
London ::1 (british Museum)
Around London you will find many of Banksy's best pieces of artwork. If you have time you might be able to spot some!
(Or a telephone box as us English prefer to call it)
(Peak of Primrose Hill, London.)
Related articles on Phototuts+
Thanks For Reading!
I hope you enjoyed looking through these images, and please make sure you comment on the original photographer's photos! Feel free to share links to other inspiring images - your own, or other's - in the comments.
If you wish to use any of the photos in this article please get in touch with the photographer first! Don't just use them!