This Cyber Monday Envato Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3. Don't miss out.
We’re excited to let you know about our Phototuts+ photography tip competition, giving you the chance to win $500 to put towards new camera equipment! All you have to do is submit a short video or screencast that showcases your favorite photography tip or trick.
This contest is now closed. Click here to see who won!
Submit Your Tips & Tricks
We’d love to hear all about your photography-related tips and tricks, from how you pose subjects to a demonstration of how you captured an awesome photo. Be as creative as possible, just make sure it's educational!
All you need to do in order to enter the competition is:
- Record a video of your favorite photography tip or trick (the video must five minutes or less!)
- Write a short description, including why you think it’s so useful
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Paste the description into a comment below and with a link to your video
- We’ll also be using this process to find a few awesome contributors for Phototuts+, so this is your chance to impress us with your writing, videography and photography skills!
- Submit as many videos as you like!
To stand the best chance of winning, be sure to:
- Record audio using a high quality microphone
- Record high quality, professional level HD video
- Stabilize your video
- Keep it at or under five minutes!
Terms and Conditions
- The winner of the prize will be chosen by the Phototuts+ editor, based on which video he thinks is the most informative, unique, and professional.
- Our decision on the best entry will be final.
- Entries will close at midnight, March 12th.
- The winner will be contacted via email, on or before March 17th.
- By submitting a video, you’re giving us permission to publish it on the site (we'll be showcasing the winning video).
- The prize will be distributed based on cash value — the winner of the competition will be sent US$500 via PayPal. You’ll need a PayPal account to accept the prize!
- Envato staff, contractors, and regular writers (anyone who has contributed two or more articles to the Tuts+ network) are not eligible to enter.
To give you an idea of the type of content we're looking for, here's a quick example that walks you through setting up the "My Menu" feature on your Canon 5D Mark II.
How to Setup "My Menu" on Your Canon DSLR