Every two weeks, we revisit some of our reader favorite posts from throughout the history of Phototuts+. This tutorial was first published in August of 2009.
In this video tutorial Simon shows us how to add more texture and character to your portrait photos during a post-processing workflow. The result is a wonderful high key portrait with loads of charm! This tutorial will help give your portrait photos a professional look.
- Design & IllustrationHow to Create a Hand Drawn, Pointillism PortraitPointillism is an incredible drawing technique that allows you to create a very detailed portrait with only dots. Since you're using dots instead of lines, you don't have to worry about making someone look overly wrinkled or drawing a line wrong. Pointillism or stippling is the simple act of dotting ink onto paper and in this lesson we're going to use it to make a beautiful portrait.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationVector Portraits for Beginners: A Free Tuts+ CourseDifficulty:IntermediateEvery month, Tuts+ Premium publishes a course which is free to view in it's entirety. This month it is Vector Portraits for Beginners by yours truly. For many years, people have asked me to create an in depth tutorial on how to create portraits and although it takes years to be able to perfect your own style, this video course will help you kickstart your journey into creating vector portraits from photographs.Read More…
- PhotographyPhoto Critique #224Friday Photo Critique is our weekly community project, where we publish a photograph submitted by one of our wonderful readers, then ask you all to offer constructive feedback on the image. It’s a great way to learn more about photography, express your viewpoint, and have your own image critiqued!Read More…
- PhotographyQuick Tip: 5 Tried and True Portrait Cropping TechniquesDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Web DesignIntroducing Markup for Tumblr's Photo Post Type
- PhotographyCreating an Editorial Portrait of an ArtistDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short