How to Shoot Shallow Depth-of-Field, Wide Angle Shots with the Brenizer Method
In this video, we'll see an in-depth look at the Brenizer Method. The technique involves shooting multiple photos with a telephoto lens using a wide aperture. By shooting multiple photos of a scene, you can then stitch them together to create a wide angle image. You'll see several different examples of this technique in use, from shooting to post-processing.
Full Video Tutorial
Download the full resolution version of the barn photo here.
- PhotographyShooting a Helicopter Search and Rescue Mission TeamDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- PhotographyBehind the Scenes: Interview With Sarah Silver
- PhotographyMaking Photos That Look Like They Were Shot at NightDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:QuickCreating a photo that looks like it was shot at night can be difficult. In this tutorial, we’re going to take a look a creating some images that appear as they were made at night, but were actually shot outside during the day. The principles you learn here can be applied in the studio or even when shooting outside at night to make a more convincing, but still well lit, image.Read More…
- PhotographyCinematic Shooting Principles: Advanced Short LensDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:ShortThe short lens isn't just for shooting wide-angles, but for controlling how your video conveys the scale of a scene. Use the short lens to increase speed, change perspective and affect motion. From distorted close-ups to rapid moves, this lesson covers the advanced techniques for shooting expert footage with the short lens.Read More…
- PhotographyCreating a Starlight Time Lapse VideoDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickIn this tutorial, we are going to take a look at how to shoot and process a time lapse video of the stars. As the earth rotates, the stars appear to move across the sky during the night, but they move so slowly that the only way to really appreciate this phenomenon is through time lapse footage. We'll cover finding a location, choosing your gear, setting up your camera and doing the post-production.Read More…
- Design & Illustration2 Ways to Create a Slow Motion Video Effect With Photoshop