Premiere Pro is a powerful non-linear video editor, and it can do all sorts of other neat things with your video besides editing. While most video editing platforms, Premiere included, feature basic transitions like fades or pushes, it can help to have a few extra-special transitions available, be it a funky star-wipe or a subtle light leak.
While there's nothing wrong with creating your project from scratch there’s no shame in a helping hand—even if you’re a seasoned pro. In this article, we've compiled some of the best free resources for Premiere from around the 'net, plus a few highlights from Envato Elements and Market. Note, this article is frequently updated by Tuts+ staff with new and notable items.
10 Top Premium Premiere Pro Templates and Transitions From Envato Elements
For a limited time, you can pick up free downloads of Premiere Pro templates on Envato Elements for a whole month. Download high-quality transitions, titles, openers, logo stings, and much more. You can even find stock video footage and motion graphics to use in your projects too. It's the best of both worlds—premium design and quality, but with a price tag of exactly zero.
To secure your free Premiere Pro templates for 30 days, just sign up using this special link. Or you can enter this code on the registration page:
This popular pack has over 400 transitions to choose from. With four choices of speed and each one with its own unique sound, you’ll have the ability to take your work to another level. It uses an easy drag-and-drop method and comes with a video tutorial to get you going. You can also take our free course on making video transitions with the Dope Transitions pack.
16 Minimal titles is just that! Clean, elegant, modern titles that are a classy way to introduce your videos.
Clean Title Reveal is a clean, simple corporate title sting. No bells and whistles, just clean motion graphics work that gives the most attention to your text. Easy customization, done with a few clicks. Everything is linked to a control layer to make changes easy.
If you need to annotate what’s happening on-screen, Callouts is a great solution. This asset includes over 350 callouts and includes sound effects as well as helpful video tutorial.
These hand drawn electric flourishes add some quirky shock animation to your videos! They are easy to use and come with great sound effects.
This is a great pack of 2D animations that is reminds us of our favourite cartoons and anime. With its easy-to-use application you’ll be getting creative in no time!
Kinetic Titles includes thirty customizable templates with dynamic typography. Use this with photos in the background to quickly create an engaging intro. Includes a great tutorial and free updates.
Fx box presents us with Liquid Transitions, a cartoon-based transitions pack featuring hand-drawn animations. This would be perfect for YouTube videos and content for children. Combine with FX Smoke Elements and Titles!
Finishing this list we have Modern Fashion Promo. This is a great template, filled with tasteful and dynamic animated graphics. Don’t let the name fool you though, this template isn’t just for fashion!
This is another clean and simple title pack. Sometimes less is more! These titles are elegant and no fuss.
5 Top Premiere Pro Add-Ons from Envato Market
Seamless Transitions currently is our best-selling and best-rated Premiere Pro template. It's a favorite because it includes more than 1000 transitions, such as: Luma Fade transitions, zoom, glitch, spinning, panoramic, and more. You'll also get text transitions and color presets in this complete pack!
CinePunch is the Premiere Pro template bundle you'll ever need. It's a five-stars rated template because it's great value for money.
You'll get 18 packs inside, such as transition packs, colors, motion presets and sound effects. More than 1000 effects for your videos in one bundle!
Includes ten logo reveals, ten lower thirds, ten transitions, six end cards, three side-info, six screens and a top-ten transition. Simply swap the placeholders with your own text and logos, adjust colors so it matches your identity and all that is left is making your video.
Auto-size your typography with this text pack: all elements change depending on text size. Use markers to change speed and duration, and the second line auto-align feature to keep everything looking perfect.
Another popular Premiere Pro template is this YouTube Essential Library. If you're a content creator in YouTube, this is the pack for you. Everything is fully customizable and it's got all you need for your channel: transitions, lower thirds, openers, graphic elements, calls to subscription, titles and more.
Free Presets, Templates, and Plug-ins for Premiere Pro
Free Presets for Adobe Premiere Pro
Presets are a collection of settings: they provide a quick way to create a look.
- Deadpool Handheld Camera Presets: "These are real camera shake presets, made from actual shots with a real camera—not some digitally created wiggle. That makes them truly organic and real looking. And of course, they’re all GPU accelerated and will work in real-time in Premiere Pro.”
- Jarle's Premiere Pro Presets Version 3.0: "The 1.0 and 2.0 versions of my presets have been downloaded more than 130,000 times, and are used daily by documentary film editors, wedding video makers, students, and even by big broadcast companies. Now, you can download version 3.0 for Premiere Pro CC 2014.2, with even more cool and useful presets."
- TV Scan Lines: "This popular “this-is-shown-on-a-screen” effect can easily be achieved with these Premiere Pro titles. Just import these into your project and throw them on a track above the clips that need this effect. Change blend mode to Multiply, and you’re all set. TV Scan Lines in a few seconds!"
- The Mars Man Lumetri Look: "Take your sci-fi to the Red Planet with this dusty Lumetri Look that is a total recall to blockbuster hits like The Martian."
- Magnificent West Lumetri Look: "Inspired by the glorious westerns of the 1960s and 70s, this faded Lumetri Look brings down the saturation in favor of the dry and beautiful landscapes of films like The Magnificent Seven."
- Saving Bryan Lumetri Look: "Get the nearly mandatory bleach bypass look of war epics, reminiscent of the actual WWII newsreels that inspired the color of films like Saving Private Ryan and shows like Band of Brothers."
- Dr. Oddlove Lumtri Look: "A simple faded black and white Lumetri Look that will make you wish for one of them doomsday machines, just like the one in Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb."
- Knife Jogger Lumtri Look: "The futuristic Blade Runner inspired orange and teal look that has defined action films and studio blockbusters."
- Illinois Jones Lumtri Look
- Raging Mule Lumtri Look
- O Mother Lumtri Look
- Furiosa Lumtri Look
- Amelia Lumtri Look
- May Tricks Lumtri Look
- Hogwash Express Lumtri Look
- Maximus Lumtri Look
- Versus Lumtri Look
- CinemaFX presets: "Here are 56 presets for Adobe Premiere Pro that will give your videos a more cinematic coloring look. The presets are totally free."
- Andy's Region Tool: "Apply effects only to the part of the image that need it."
- Andy's Elastic Aspect: "Stretch footage to fit a standard 16:9 frame."
- Andy's Safe Guides: " Display a variety of safe area overlays."
- Andy's Gradient Filter: "Add a neutral density graduated filter to your clips."
- Andy's Better 3D: "Easy adjustments in 3D space for your 2D content."
- Andy's Swish Transitions: "Swish dissolve and swish pan transitions."
- Pan and Zoom: Create the photo animation style made popular by Ken Burns. Achieve stunning results without a single keyframe.
- Vashi's 12-Pack Audio Presets: "Includes: Boost Dialog Clarity, Boost Dialog Presence, Boom Room Killer, Dialog Brighten (add after applying Boom Room Killer), Dirty Phone, Male Dialog Power, Music Hole for Dialog, Old Telephone, Radio Tower Dialog, Remove Nasal Dialog, Thicken Female Dialog, Top and Bottom Cut."
- Scatter Text Transition: "Here’s a neat little Premiere Pro preset I made that animates text on and off."
Free Templates for Adobe Premiere Pro
Templates include more than just settings, and range from simple animations to full-scale projects. Check out the free Premiere Pro templates at Mixkit, or try these options:
- Cover Flow Template: "This template enables you to quickly make a cover flow sequence in Premiere Pro CC, and easily edit it. It’s as simple as putting your source videos in the source timelines. Then go to the main timeline and play, render or export. Now you can create cool cover flow sequences in a couple of minutes, entirely inside Premiere Pro, using built-in effects only. No third party plugins!"
- Comic Book Animation in 3D: "With this free Premiere Pro template project you can use your own video clips and create this animation in seconds. Made entirely inside of Premiere Pro CC using built-in effects only. A users manual is included in the project file."
- Star Wars Text: "Here’s a fun project template that mimics the iconic Star Wars opening titles. Just edit the text, and you’re good to go! The project is made in 1080p50 format, but can easily be changed to whatever you need. As always: The template and the music are free, and you can use them for whatever you want."
- Camera POV Templates: "Here are two simple Camera Point-of-View templates. Both of them free! Use the DSLR one (made by me) to simulate the viewfinder of a DSLR camera. Use the other one (generously contributed by Immanuel Heims) to simulate a Video Camera viewfinder."
- Slide Show Projector Template: "Free template you can use to make your own Slide Show Projector effect in Premiere Pro. Just throw in your own video or stills, and hit Play! Everything is free—even the music, textures and sound FX."
- Notepad Paper Template: "This Premiere Pro CC template enables you to quickly put an image and a text onto the board. Provide your own photo – the rest is included. Everything (yes, I mean everything) except the texture and the photo was created from scratch in Premiere. That includes the notepad paper and the push pin, the shadows, the crimps and the image frame. And it’s free!"
- Premiere Pro Title Collection: "Here’s a useful collection of Premiere Pro titles. You get three Lower Thirds templates, an End Credit template, a collection of special characters that you can copy/paste into other titles, a Push Pin (!), an empty title with Arial font at 40 px that you can set as your default title and a subtitle template with a clever bounding box. Everything is free, and can be used on any project – even commercial ones."
- Video Reflection: "With this cool Premiere Pro template project, you can create the popular video reflection look in mere seconds! Literally! You no longer need to build this time consuming effect from scratch. Just import the matching sequence from this template project into your own project, swap the clip in the Source sequence with your own footage, and you’re done. Super easy!"
- Night Vision Binoculars HUD: "Here’s a free Premiere Pro project template that mimics Night Vision Binoculars. It doesn’t look much like any existing binoculars, but it looks pretty cool. It’s made entirely in Premiere Pro, and can easily be customized. The project is made in 1080p50, but can easily be adapted to other formats."
- Vashi Visuals Pancake Timeline: "Adobe Premiere Pro CC template with two timelines for easier editing."
Free Plug-ins for Adobe Premiere Pro
Plug-ins are small programs that extend the functionality of Premiere, allowing you to do things you couldn't do otherwise.
- OpenEXR Premiere plug-in: "OpenEXR is the visual effects industry-standard floating point file format and the best format to use when working with 32-bit HDR imagery. Access all the capabilities of OpenEXR from within Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere Pro using ProEXR."
- Atomic Stretch (Windows and Mac): "Atomic Stretch enables real-time video-retargetting in After Effects and Premiere, converting from and to any aspect ratio!"
- CoreMelt Free: "Analog Glitch, Old TV, Blowout, God Rays, Advanced Vignette, RGB Levels and Curves, Soft Edge Wipe, and more!"
- Feathered Crop: "This plugin allows for cropping your image, both inside or outside, and to add feather to the cropped borders. It can also fill in the outside of the cropped area with color and add border to your cropped image. Graphic UI available. Supports 8, 16 and 32 bit depth. In Premiere Pro it works in RGB and YUV color spaces."
- Power Window: "This plugin allows to create a power window on the source clip. Both rectangular and elliptical shapes are supported. They can be re-positioned and rotated. Both the inside, and the outside can have offset, gamma, gain and saturation adjusted globally, and if need be, on the channel-by-channel basis (RGB)."
- Pure Contrast: "This plugin allows you to add or remove contrast to your image without affecting its true saturation."
- Simple Mask: "This plugin allows to create a simple alpha mask on the source clip and composite it with the existing alpha channel by adding, subtracting or intersecting. Both rectangular and elliptical shapes are supported. They can be re-positioned and rotated."
- Temperature: "This plugin allows you to adjust temperature and tint of your footage, similarly to the effect achieved by the similar controls in SpeedGrade."
- Vignette: "This plugin allows to create a vignette on the source clip. Both rectangular and elliptical vignettes are supported. Vignettes can be re-positioned and rotated, applied in any color and blending mode available, to the inside or to the outside. Alternatively only the mask can be rendered, replacing the source layer altogether or the vignette can be filled with transparency."
More Premiere Pro Resources From Envato
Go Further With Premiere Pro
Premiere Pro is such a great editing tool—learn how you can do even more with it by watching our free six-hour Adobe Premiere tutorial with Dave Bode.
Or read some of the easy-to-follow tutorials here on Tuts+:
- Video10 Free Transition Presets and Templates for Premiere ProAndrew Childress
- VideoHow to Add a Logo to Video in Premiere ProAndrew Childress
- VideoHow to Make an Opener for YouTube Videos Using a Template for Premiere ProAndrew Childress
- Adobe Premiere ProHow to Quickly Change Picture Styles in Premiere Pro With LUT PresetsMarie Gardiner
More Great Templates for Premiere Pro
Read Our Video Marketing Guide
Improve your video marketing skills by reading our guide. You'll learn every aspect of video marketing from start to finish; whether you're a novice or a pro, you'll learn some useful skills that will improve your next video.
Download Free Video Footage From Mixkit
Need some awesome footage to use in your next project? Mixkit great mix of royalty-free videos. It's a site from Envato for high-quality footage that you can use whenever you want, wherever you want, free of charge. Find business videos, lifestyle videos, nature videos, and much more.
Make a Motion Graphics Video With Placeit
You don't need professional software to create visually-appealing videos, you can make them right in your browser with Placeit's video maker. Pick a professionally designed motion graphics template, upload your own branding, and make a video in minutes.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post