Autumn is approaching (at least here where I am in the North) and it's a footage and photographic dream! So, how to make the most of this gorgeous season? We've got five of our favourite assets from Envato Elements, as well as some tips to shooting in fall, to make sure you get some stunning imagery.
What better way to show off stunning autumnal footage and photographs than with the Autumn Powerpoint Template. There are five colour variations and the download includes over 100 slides – 20 for each colour.
Autumn Action is a set of four look presets for Adobe Photoshop. Change even the greenest summer greens to stunning autumnal colours with rich warm reds, oranges and yellow. You can mask out where needed to keep your photos looking realistic.
Autumn Special Promo is a video project template for Adobe After Effects that’s rich in colour and tone. Including atmospheric falling leaves and a stunning golden wash over the whole template. You’ll practically feel the leaves crunching under your feet!
Sometimes you want to record footage but the season just isn’t playing ball: no snow in winter, no crunchy golden leaves in autumn. Stock footage isn’t cheating, we promise – and this Autumn Leaf Fall piece is a beautiful representation of the season.
This is a really lovely piece of footage, a single autumn leaf falling into a puddle, starting out of focus before coming into the foreground sharp as a tack.
Again, each asset here is from Envato Elements, where you can download unlimited resources for a monthly subscription.
Tuts+ Top Tips for Fall Photography
- Capture colours by avoiding cool tones. Try changing your white balance to cloudy or sunny to see immediate in-camera improvement.
- Get up early. Autumn mornings are magical as the changing temperatures often create mist to hang over rivers and valleys. Use an app to help you find the best times to shoot.
- If you can’t make it, fake it! Sometimes the picture or footage you want just isn’t there, but that doesn’t mean you can’t set up your own. Use props like gourds to create an instant touch of fall.
- Use a polariser to take the edge off bright skies and help deepen the colour of foliage.
- Go close up! Autumn isn’t just about sweeping landscapes of warm tones, get up close to some of that great texture of leaves and wood.
More Fantastic Fall Tutorials
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post