Whether you're filming a dry corporate event, an exciting music gig, or anything in between, get the best out of your footage by trying some of our 5 Amazing Assets for Engaging Event Video.
Are you filming an award ceremony, charity auction or something equally glamorous? Blow your client away with these Luxury Event Titles for Adobe After Effects. Gorgeous gold thread effects will highlight your messages while keeping the overall look subtle and full of class.
2. Event Promo
Try this simple After Effects promo template to give an overview of your event in a visually interesting, stylish way. Great as use for a tease or as an after-event ‘highlights’ template until you’ve finished your larger project.
For a modern, funky event promo, try adding these Minimal Glitch Titles. We sometimes associate glitch with retro, film styles but these are contemporary, bright and creative. Sound effects are included with this download.
For those slower-paced events like company talks and conferences, try Minimal Event for After Effects. This template manages to be corporate whilst, importantly, not being boring. There’s a video tutorial included to help you use this download.
Fast-paced, exciting and cinematic, the Exceptional Parallax Slideshow would work great to promote those events that have an element of fun and anticipation. You won’t need plugins to use this template, and it’s well-organised, meaning it’ll be quick and easy to get started.
Each asset here is from Envato Elements, where you can download unlimited resources for a monthly subscription.
Tuts+ Tips for Event Video
- Avoid autofocus when the light is low, or it will pulse in and out to try and find your subject every time they move. Learn how to manually focus effectively.
- Don’t wing it. Sometimes you won’t have a choice, but control the things you can, like visiting the venue prior to the event, getting a running order and making sure you leave plenty of time to get to where you need to be.
- When it comes to editing, how you put together your piece will determine how it’s received. Even if you’re shooting a (dull) conference, tell a story and try to engage the audience.
- Take spares of everything it’s possible to have spares for! At an event you generally only get one shot at getting it right, so give yourself the best chance of doing a great job.
- If your event has sound, then try and tap into the PA. If this isn’t possible, make sure you invest in a good microphone setup and put it as close to the audio source as possible.
More Great Event Video Tips
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post