Family photography can be so rewarding, but juggling all those people can be a challenge! Take some of the stress out of it all with our 5 Amazing Assets for Fantastic Family Photography. We can’t make the kids sit still for you, but we can help you get great results.
This nifty set of post-processing helpers is for Lightroom and Photoshop, which will be a really boon for many photographers. There are 17 options for each and the results are easily adjustable.
If you’re making some nice little extras to go with your photo shoot; things like cards, or social media sharers, then you’ll ideally need an appropriate typeface. The Youngest Font is a lovely addition to any family photographer’s toolbox.
Create, mix and match characters with the PixityLand-Character Creator Kit. Producing a little family illustration that matches the family you’re photographing could be a nice, unique touch to your business.
30 professionally designed presets await you in the Family & Children Lightroom pack. Give your photographs a fun, saturated look with a matte finish.
Guarantee a huge ‘awwwww’ with this cute fox family vector illustration, which can be used in either Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Perfect as a finishing touch to your family project.
Each asset here is from Envato Elements, where you can download unlimited resources for a monthly subscription.
Tuts+ Tips for Child and Family Photography
- Find the best light for the results you want. Nobody wants to be squinting in the midday sun or to be shown in an unflattering light.
- Talk through what the family should wear. Try to get everyone wearing colours that work well together.
- Know your camera. You might want a nice shallow depth of field, but you also don’t want to miss your focus with someone key to your image. Get to know instinctively how to adjust appropriately.
- Get comfortable with arranging people effectively, it can make all the difference to your images so try to overcome any awkwardness.
- Capture candid moments! Don’t be so caught up in posing everyone that you miss those golden moments of families interacting naturally.
More Fab Family Helpers
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post