Family photography can be so rewarding, but juggling all those people can be a challenge! Take some of the stress out of it all with our 5 Amazing Assets for Fantastic Family Photography. We can’t make the kids sit still for you, but we can help you get great results.
This nifty set of post-processing helpers is for Lightroom and Photoshop, which will be a really boon for many photographers. There are 17 options for each and the results are easily adjustable.
If you’re making some nice little extras to go with your photo shoot; things like cards, or social media sharers, then you’ll ideally need an appropriate typeface. The Youngest Font is a lovely addition to any family photographer’s toolbox.
Create, mix and match characters with the PixityLand-Character Creator Kit. Producing a little family illustration that matches the family you’re photographing could be a nice, unique touch to your business.
30 professionally designed presets await you in the Family & Children Lightroom pack. Give your photographs a fun, saturated look with a matte finish.
Guarantee a huge ‘awwwww’ with this cute fox family vector illustration, which can be used in either Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Perfect as a finishing touch to your family project.
Each asset here is from Envato Elements, where you can download unlimited resources for a monthly subscription.
Tuts+ Tips for Child and Family Photography
- Find the best light for the results you want. Nobody wants to be squinting in the midday sun or to be shown in an unflattering light.
- Talk through what the family should wear. Try to get everyone wearing colours that work well together.
- Know your camera. You might want a nice shallow depth of field, but you also don’t want to miss your focus with someone key to your image. Get to know instinctively how to adjust appropriately.
- Get comfortable with arranging people effectively, it can make all the difference to your images so try to overcome any awkwardness.
- Capture candid moments! Don’t be so caught up in posing everyone that you miss those golden moments of families interacting naturally.
More Fab Family Helpers
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post