Tuts+ Is Looking for a New Course Producer (Audio/Video Production)!
We’re looking for a new Course Producer to help instructors produce top-quality video and audio for their Tuts+ courses.
In this key role, you will primarily focus on working with new instructors, bringing them up to speed with Tuts+ course creation. You’ll be a friendly, knowledgeable member of our team, coaching them through their first few courses with Tuts+ and making sure that their audio, video, course assembly and overall presentation meets our standards. You will also help our existing instructors with setup, equipment, editing, post-production and presentation advice.
You'll work 40 hours a week, and you'll have the flexibility of working from home to your own schedule. As part of our global Tuts+ Course Production team, most of your interactions will be remote, meaning you’ll meet with colleagues and instructors on a regular basis via Google Hangouts and/or Skype. Your instructors will be spread predominantly across Europe, US and UK time zones, so ideally you’ll be from a location that makes communication with them easy to arrange and conduct.
What We're Looking For
With a minimum of three years experience in quality video and audio production, you will be excited about reviewing current standards and sourcing cost-effective ways to continuously improve the quality and educational value of Tuts+ course content.
The ideal person to fill this rewarding, flexible role would have:
- 3+ years proven experience in quality video/audio production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (you’ll be explaining to instructors how to create/improve courses via video, not in person)
- A background in education is preferable
- A proven history of self-driven productivity and superior time management
- Understanding and appreciation for remote, global working, including willingness to work outside of traditional hours and be flexible with the timing of meetings
- The confidence to initiate conversations, and the tact to tailor advice to differing experience levels
- Patience when working with individuals and groups to achieve a desired quality outcome
- Comfortable when presenting on camera
- A preparedness to become extensively familiar with Tuts+ standards and guides
- A personable warmth, sense of humour and respect for individual team members
- A clear sense of fairness and a consistency of set expectations
- Familiarity with Basecamp and Trello (nice to have)
- Familiarity with screencast software; experience with one or more of Screenr, Screencast-O-Matic, Screenflow, Camtasia, and QuickTime
Interested? Here's How to Apply
We're hoping to get the process moving fairly quickly with this role. So if you're thinking of applying, please do so as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is 20th February.
To apply, please submit a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m your ideal Course Producer because…” along with a current copy of your resume.
In your email application, along with why you're right for this role, please answer the following questions:
- What is your current country of residence?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your expected daily rate in USD?
- Tell us in 100 words or less why you’d love to work at Envato.
You can also get more information about the job by viewing the full job posting on Tuts+ Jobs.
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post