Colour grading and colour correction are probably things you’ll end up tackling yourself if you’re a small video business or an individual. Getting your processing right can make or break your film, so let's look at how you can achieve the style you want.
8 Top Colour Grading Presets and Film-Look LUTs for Final Cut Pro
Featured LUTs for Final Cut Pro
25 LUTs pack for Final Cut Pro
25 Film-Look LUTs for Final Cut Pro.
A set of cinematic LUTs for Final Cut Pro including single colour filters and black and white. These FCP LUTs will suit a variety of projects so you can use them across a number of your videos.
- Application: Apple Motion, Final Cut Pro
- Plugins: None required
- Author: Oxygen_Art
Alternative LUTs and Presets for Final Cut Pro
If our featured FCP LUTs aren't working for you, no worries, why not try one of these alternatives instead? They're all available from Envato Elements as part of a monthly subscription.
2. Thermograph LUTs for Final Cut
Just import the preset file or drag and drop the desired LUT into your project to add very cool, thermal-style colour grading to your video.
3. Urban Mood LUTs for Final Cut
Urban Mood features 30 LUTs and 42 Log to Rec 709 LUTs for Final Cut Pro. They're easy to adjust to suit your footage or photos.
Colour Correction and Grading
Although they often get mentioned and even grouped together, colour correction and colour grading are different parts of the video-making process.
- With colour correction, your aim is to get your footage as clean and clear as possible, correcting any over or under-saturation, contrast, exposure, and other basic adjustments.
- Colour grading is all about how you want your film to look; its aesthetic. In the creative process, your colour grading adjustments will help you to convey the mood or story.
Colour grading rests on the foundation of clean correction. This might be through a strong, cinematic effect, dramatic black and white film noir style, or even something a little more subtle that just gives your footage a different edge.
Video Editing in Final Cut Pro: Introduction
Lesson 1 of 17, a Tuts+ course on Video Editing in Final Cut Pro taught by Slavik Boyechko.
4. 50 Great Filters
With 50 filters sorted into 5 categories, this download is great for short films or editing footage for presentations. Just drag and drop your LUTs in to use them.
5. Film LUTs for Final Cut, Filmora, Premiere Pro
This versatile set of Film LUTs can be used for Final Cut, Filmora, and Premiere Pro. The bundle includes five presets that all have their own distinct styles. They're easy to use, but the included help file will make sure you know exactly how to apply them.
6. Titanium Interior LUT Pack (10 Luts)
If you feel like your interior shots are missing something, these ten colour presets can help spice them up. They're easy to apply and create professional results.
7. Color Correction Pack For Apple Motion
Just drag and drop one of these 15 colour presets for fast transformations for any project. Help notes and a video are included when you download the pack.
8. 250 LUT Color Presets
You'll be able to add cinematic flair and all types of colour styles to your current and future projects with this set of Final Cut Pro LUTs. You can also use this option in a variety of programs, not just FCP!
More Final Cut Pro Templates and Articles
- 3 Top Awards Video Templates for Final Cut ProAndré Bluteau11 Nov 2022
- 3 Top Live Commerce Video Templates for Final Cut ProMarie Gardiner09 Aug 2022
- How to Add New Transition Templates to Final Cut ProAndré Bluteau27 Sep 2021
- 20 Flavours of Final Cut Pro X: 55 Templates in Top Search CategoriesMarie Gardiner18 Feb 2021
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
About The Authors
This page was edited by Jackson Couse. It was written and updated by Marie Gardiner, and by Envato staff writers.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Have you used one of our featured items? Let us know on the Envato forums. We love to see the projects you create!