Friday Photo Critique is our weekly community project, where we publish a photograph submitted by one of our wonderful readers, then ask you all to offer constructive feedback on the image. It's a great way to learn more about photography, express your viewpoint, and have your own image critiqued!
Quick Ground Rules
- Play nice! We've deliberately chosen photographs that aren't perfect, so please be constructive with any criticism.
- Feel free to offer any type of advice - composition, lighting, post-processing etc.
- You can also link to photographs that you feel offer a great example of this type of image shot exceptionally well.
Without further ado, here is this week's candidate for Friday Photo Critique!
Photo Details & Inspiration
- Canon 30D with 28mm-135mm lens
- Shot at 60mm
- Shutter Speed: 1/60
- Aperture: f/4.5
- ISO: 400
- Shot with a Canon Speedlight 430EX
Finding out at the last minute that I was to be the "official" photographer at my brothers wedding, I didn't have much time to prepare and think about what shots I wanted to get. I was very happy to see how this shot turned out. I think it really captures the joy and happiness of the whole day. Definitely one of my favorite shots.
Photographer: Joseph Weathers
Please let us know what you think in the comments - how would you have approached the scene or taken the photo differently? A massive thank you to everyone who commented last week.
The most constructive and helpful comments will be featured on the site. Interested in submitting your own photo? You can do so here!