Into animation? Love learning? We're looking for new instructors to contribute to the Photo & Video section here at Envato Tuts+.
Call For for Animation Instructors
Envato Tuts+ is an established online publication dedicated to helping people with their creative projects. We are growing, and seek to expand our teacher team in order to make more tutorials about animation.
If you are passionate about online education and think you can help people use their animation software in a creative way, we want to hear from you. This is a paid, project-based, ongoing, flexible, remote-work opportunity.
What You'll Do
We have the in-depth experience to help you put together your posts, and a professional editorial team to guide and support your work. So if you're new to making tutorials, this is a great place to start!
We pay $300 USD for a standard length tutorial, which is about 25-30 steps plus images. Videos start from $400 USD. Many of our instructors have written for Envato Tuts+ for years and contribute several posts a month, earning thousands of dollars each month.
Here are the basic qualifications we're looking for:
- Comfortable writing or presenting in English (it does not have to be your first language).
- Previous teaching or presentation experience; it doesn't have to be in a professional context or tutorials—blogs, social media, and self-publishing is OK too. What's important is that you show us how you like to communicate.
- Applicants from all animation backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but at this time we're primarily looking for help teaching animation skills in After Effects and/or Fusion (DaVinci Resolve).
If you think you'd be a great instructor but feel you don't yet have the writing experience or technical knowledge in one of those programs, please apply anyway! Many skills are transferable and we will help develop your talents. Ultimately, it's not about what or how much you know, it's about who well you're able to put yourself in the place of people who are just figuring this tech stuff out, maybe for the first time.
Here are a few more things we're looking for in applicants:
- Previous experience making video, especially software tutorials and online-learning. Active on YouTube and want to take it to the next level? Us too, let's get together: We want to add more animation skills to our Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel.
- If you know Apple Motion, Cartoon Animator and other Reallusion programs, Blender, Unity, or Unreal Engine, let us know.
- Envato Tuts+ publishes in multiple languages, including German, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese and Indonesian, so if you also speak or write in another language that is definitely something we want to know about too!
- It's a bonus if you're already comfortable with the basics of search engine optimization practices.
We are committed to building a creative team that reflects our global audience: we encourage people of colour, indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, trans, two-spirit, and non-binary people to apply.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post