Good news, we’ve commissioned a huge session just for you! This is a group of posts dedicated to thoroughly covering a specific topic so that you can learn everything you need to know in one place. This session covers many aspects of portraiture. Read on to get a peek at all of the great topics we’ll cover.
Photo by Grace Salzer
What You Need to Know Today
After assembling a huge quantity of knowledge from all corners of the globe, we present to you a complete and in-depth look at photographic portraiture. You can search far and wide and not find a resource this extensive or fun. Learn everything about portraiture you ever wanted to know, right here.
Portraiture is almost as old as human culture itself. Portraiture has also been a part of photography since almost the beginning. From Julia Margaret Cameron to Diane Arbus and Richard Avedon, mastering the art of capturing someone's essence on film has been a goal of photographers for nearly two centuries.
We’ve Got it Covered
From shooting headshots, using lights and every doing large family groups, we've got something for all levels of skill. Dive in!
- How To Get Your Subject To Act Naturally
- A In-Depth Walkthrough of a Family Portrait Shoot
- Making Your Poses Work for You
- Envisioning & Shooting an Environmental Portrait
- Step-by-Step Guide to an Engagement Session
- Making Your Vacation Portraits Pop!
- Phil Sharp: Having Eyes for Portraits
- 20 Fast Tips for Portrait Photography
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Shooting a Natural Light Headshots
- Andy Fallon: Capturing the Faces of Music
- The Best Way to Learn About Making Portraits
- Travel Portraits: Methods for Making a Connection
- 10 Ways to Shoot Stunning Portraits With Only One Light
- Phototuts+ Quiz #18: Portraits
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post