This year the Olympics are heading to London. Today, we have 50 inspiring images from around the city to offer some inspiration ahead of the games.
Facts about London
- The Olympic Stadium will have a capacity of 80,000 during the Games.
- It is the lightest Olympic stadium ever built.
- The fourteen lighting towers are needed because this the first Olympic Games with HD TV freeze-frame coverage that will be essential to capture the action.
- Part of the supporting structure of the roof is formed from 2,500 tonnes of steel tubing that was actually recycled from old gas pipelines.
- There are over 100 theatres in London, including 50 in the West End. London theatre accounts for 45% of all UK theatre admissions and over 70% of box-office revenues.
- The British eat twice as many baked beans per head as Americans do.
- Although the Great Fire of London destroyed much of the city, only six people were killed.
London ::1 (british Museum)
Around London you will find many of Banksy's best pieces of artwork. If you have time you might be able to spot some!
(Or a telephone box as us English prefer to call it)
(Peak of Primrose Hill, London.)
Related articles on Phototuts+
Thanks For Reading!
I hope you enjoyed looking through these images, and please make sure you comment on the original photographer's photos! Feel free to share links to other inspiring images - your own, or other's - in the comments.
If you wish to use any of the photos in this article please get in touch with the photographer first! Don't just use them!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post