Read Time: 1 min
In honor of Valentine's day, here's how to create a still life image that makes you want to snuggle up next to the fireplace with a good book. We take a cup of hot chocolate and give it little a holiday twist.
In This Tutorial You Will Learn To:
- Light a still-life photograph of a cup of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee
- Colour correct, spot, and clean up the image
- Use level adjustments to fine tune your look
- Manipulate shapes: steam, smoke, clouds, and similar
You don't need a lot of fancy gear to do this tutorial. You will need:
- Camera with a macro lens (or macro capability)
- 3 lights, flashes preferred, as freezing rising steam requires a flash or a very fast shutter speed
- Diffusion material for flashes
- White paper as a reflector
- Card stock to block light strategically
- A kettle of water
- Cotton balls (microwaved)
Want a weekly email summary?
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Sign up
Start your 7-day free trial*
Start free trial
*All Individual plans include a 7-day free trial for new customers; then chosen plan price applies. Cancel any time.