Architects are highly skilled professionals who create extraordinary technical drawings of buildings and interior designs. And you can achieve that same professional blueprint look with a Photoshop Sketch Action. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to turn a photo into an architectural drawing using an action.
For example, here are the best Photoshop actions for automatically creating architecture drawings from a photo with easy methods:
What You'll Learn
- How to use Photoshop to load sketch actions
- How to use the Brush tool before playing an action
How to Turn a Photo Into an Architectural Drawing in Photoshop (Easy Method)
You'll start to convert your building photo to a sketch by opening your image in Photoshop. Here I'll be using this interior design stock from Pixabay.
Then go to Window > Actions and select the Load Actions option to load the pencil sketch Photoshop action you desire.
Read any instructions thoroughly before applying the effect. This will ensure that your landscape architecture sketches come out correctly. Create a New Layer and use the Brush Tool (B) to brush over the areas where you would like to concentrate the drawing. Then press Play.
Depending on how intricate the action is, it may take a few minutes to fully load. When you're finished making the Photoshop illustration, keep the result as is or continue modifying the effect by playing additional actions.
Here is the final result of the Photoshop illustration action:
Converting that building photo to a sketch was easy. You can make all types of architectural landscape sketches the same way. Check out the video above to see this lesson at work!
Pencil Sketch Photoshop Actions From Envato Elements
If you want more ways to convert a building photo into an architectural sketch, we've got more Photoshop actions for you! Here are just five of the hundreds of Photoshop sketch actions available on Envato Elements.
1. Arquitectura: Architecture Sketch Photoshop Action (ATN, ABR, PAT)
This action was made specifically to turn your photos into architectural drawings. It can take any photo you have of architecture and create some stunning results. The process is simple and lets you make a Photoshop illustration with little effort on your end.
Here's another Photoshop illustration action that will turn your photo into an architectural sketch. The range in this download is wide, generating ten effects for you in a single click. It's a top option if you want a Photoshop sketch action to create landscape architecture sketches.
Making architecture drawings has never been this easy. Just load your photo and apply the effect in Photoshop. It's a simple way to turn photos into architectural landscape sketches. You can also use this effect with interiors, so you can convert any building photo into an architectural sketch.
4. Digital Pencil Sketch Photoshop Action (ATN, ABR, PAT)
This Photoshop sketch action works for portraits but can also turn your photos into architectural drawings. You'll get an action, a brush, and a pattern in this download, as well as a link to the video tutorial. All of this means making architecture drawings is easy.
If you want to make landscape architecture sketches, you'll want a Photoshop sketch action like this one at the ready. Its effect is unique, with decorations that add to the aesthetic. There's no doubt this is one of the best actions for Photoshop if you want to make illustrations like this for architecture.
Explore More Tutorials and Resources
Did you enjoy learning how to make landscape architecture sketches? Well, there's even more to learn from our Photoshop experts. Check out the following tutorials below:
- Photoshop in 60 Seconds: How to Create an Easy Sketch Effect With ActionsMelody Nieves23 Sep 2016
- How to Create a Sketch Effect Action in Adobe PhotoshopMarko Kožokar17 Apr 2023
- How to Create a Wet Glass Action in Adobe PhotoshopIndranil Saha31 Jan 2017
- 100+ Super Awesome Adobe Photoshop Actions From Envato ElementsMelody Nieves09 Dec 2020
- How to Create a Vintage Photo Filter With Photoshop in 60 SecondsMelody Nieves20 Jan 2021
- How to Make Stars in PhotoshopRowena Aitken10 May 2023
- Photoshop in 60 Seconds: RGB vs. CMYKMelody Nieves08 Dec 2017
- How to Create an Instagram Story Cover: Photoshop in 60 SecondsMelody Nieves24 Jun 2019