Today, we're announcing a great new partnership! Lomography.com and Phototuts+ will be joining forces once a month to bring you the best in film photography tips, tricks and tutorials. To celebrate, we're launching the first collaborative contest open to all Phototuts+ and Lomography.com readers. Just wait until you hear about the prizes.
The Lomographic Society International is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative snapshot photography. Boasting over a half-million members across the world, the concept of Lomography encompasses an interactive, vivid, blurred and crazy way of life.
Through their constantly expanding selection of innovative cameras and photographic accessories, they promote analog photography as a creative approach to communicate, absorb, and capture the world.
Photo by maximum_b
Today, we're also launching the first (hopefully of many) contests. In order to enter, you'll need to find a Phototuts+ tutorial that you like. Use your trusty film camera to execute the tutorial. Then you'll upload those images to Lomography.com. It's as simple as that!
Enter the contest here.
Keep in mind that this is film photography contest, so images made with digital cameras will not be considered.
Photo by mafiosa
You're free to use any of the tutorials here on Phototuts+ to create your contest entries, but here are a few tutorials that might work well:
- Step-by-Step: Producing a Magazine Quality Photo of Watches
- Creatively Approaching Abstract Photography
- Creating Excellent Editorial Portraits
- Using Hyperfocal Distance to Ensure Maximum Depth-of-Field in Landscape Photography
The winners of the contest will be chosen by both Phototuts+ and Lomography.com. We will announced the winners on August 22. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries.
- First Place: A Spinner 360° camera, a one-year Premium membership to Phototuts+ and $40 in Marketplace credit.
- Second Place: A Diana Mini, a six-month Premium membership to Phototuts+ and $40 in Marketplace credit.
- Third Place: 20 Lomography Piggy Points, $40 in Marketplace credit.
Preview photo by mephisto19
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post