In this short video tutorial from my recent course on preparing images for printing, you'll learn how to make sure your images are at the optimal resolution for printing.
Specifically, I will explain:
- the difference between dots-per-inch and pixels-per-inch, and why the term "DPI" is often misused
- the effect of resolution on ink usage
- examples of the print resolution you need in different printing situations
- the relationship between resolution, size, and viewing distance
- how to change the resolution of an image in Adobe Photoshop
Watch the Tutorial
Watch the Full Course
In the full course, From Pixel-Perfect to Print Ready in Photoshop, you'll learn how to prepare your images in Adobe Photoshop so that you get color and clarity on the printed page that matches your monitor—and your mind's eye. You'll learn how to solve common printing problems and the adjustments you need to make to get the best from a variety of print processes.
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post