Blink and you’ll miss it: sports photography is fast-paced and not for the faint of heart. While you concentrate on nailing that crucial shot, let us help you with the post-event work. Here are our 5 Amazing Assets for Sports Photographers.
If you’re putting together a sports bulletin for your featured game or event, then try the Sports Plus Broadcast Package for Adobe After Effects. It’s easy to customise and works with logos or pictures with transparency, with a duration lasting up to one minute. Best of all, you can loop it!
Whilst not specifically about sport, Cognition for Adobe Photoshop creates a cool, modern effect with just a few clicks — perfect to add a contemporary look to your sports photographs. Try using it to create flyers, banners or posters.
3. Epic Logo
Epic Logo is, well, epic! Add some dynamism and drama to your plain ol’ logo using Apple Motion. You won’t need any plugins and it’s available in full HD.
You can’t quite beat the drama of a countdown clock and it’s ideal for most sporting events. The clock counts down from 30 to zero, with the option to include an extra decimal place.
Fast Track is a speedy-looking, all caps font. This would be great for fast-paced sports like Forumla 1, or athletics. Use it with posters and flyers, or even just to create some great social media assets for your client as an added extra.
Each asset here is from Envato Elements, where you can download unlimited resources for a monthly subscription.
Tuts+ Tips for Sports Photography
- A long (telephoto), fast lens will be a necessity with sports photography, so try to get the best you can for your budget.
- In sport, anything can happen, and often does! Make sure you protect your kit (and yourself) adequately.
- The action will continue whether you’re ready for it or not. Try not to be constantly looking at photos on your LCD or you might miss something great.
- Ditch ‘auto’ mode or you could be in for a world of disappointment.
- Be wary of your ISO. Fast shutter speeds and high ISOs can make for noisy images.
More Cool, Sporty Resources
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post