Many photographers and videographers have great ideas for mobile applications—for geo-tagging, photo sharing, editing suites—to further their work and help others doing the same jobs. It's rare to have all of the needed technical skills to be able to put our ideas into practice, so here, we’ve chosen five assets from Envato Elements to help you to demonstrate your ideas and put together a professional and appealing app promo.
A modern and vibrant way to promote your app development, Mobile App Promo is a template for Adobe After Effects. Perfect for pitching the original idea to potential partners and sponsors, or just a nice way to show off a few of its features to your prospective audience.
With 15 animated, pre-made scenes, Creative Process – Flat Design Concepts works with After Effects to help you demonstrate your app’s potential, and development. Simply drag and drop scenes into your project and change backgrounds and text to suit.
Explainers are on-trend, and, as a simple way to demonstrate your product, it’s easy to understand why. Use modern, stylish visuals to explain your app’s features and how it all works. The design is simple, keeping the focus on your app.
This is a nice, looping piece of footage showing social media icons streaming out from a mobile phone. There are two different styles to choose from and the 22 seconds of video will loop seamlessly. This could work nicely as an intro or transition into another part of your app promo.
Slightly hypnotic, the Smartphone App Marketplace Background is a motion graphic stock video showing social media icons streaming towards you. It’s another, snazzy way to demonstrate the uses or outlets your app will use while making use of the motion to transition into the next part of your promotion.
- If you have an idea, check to see it’s not already been done. If something similar exists, think about approaching the company with your idea.
- Think carefully about mounting costs, creating the app is only part of the journey. How will you host it, will it be free or paid for?
- You’re a videographer and/or photographer, so you’re already great at visuals! Make sure your carry that over to your app idea—keep everything looking professional and sharp.
- Make use of other apps that already exist. The more familiar you can be with how you use an app in your work can help you with how others might use yours.
- Make use of photography/video networks or friends to help develop and test your ideas. It’s easy to become to close to something and it’s wise to seek the advice of other experts in your field.
More Great Resources for your Photography or Videography App
- iOS SDK15 Best iOS App Templates of 2018Nona Blackman
- WordPress Themes17+ Best Mobile App & Software WordPress Themes for 2017Brenda Barron