Twice a month we revisit some of our reader favorite posts from throughout the history of Phototuts+. This tutorial was first published in October, 2009.
In this video tutorial, we look at the camera set up and post-production technique for creating stunning panoramic image. You'll be shown how to position your camera and tripod at the scene, experiment with portrait vs. landscape shooting, and given a walkthrough of stitching the various images together in Photoshop.
The Final Result
Watch the Video
Key Points for Shooting Panoramics
- A tripod & spirit level are advised
- Set exposure on manual or aperture priority
- Focus manually
- Lens: Focal length 35-70mm
- Wider lenses may cause stitching problems
- Overlap each frame by 15-20%
- Be aware of lighting within the scene
- Average your exposure or bridge them