Creating beautiful brush stroke animations using After Effects has never been easier, even if you aren't a full-time video pro: The talented creators at Envato Elements have produced some wonderful templates to help. Here's a look at our ten top brush animation effects, elements and templates for After Effects.
Top Brush Effects Templates for After Effects
Featured After Effects Brush Templates From Envato Elements
Use the magic of animated brushes to create dynamic videos!
These After Effect brush templates feature 14 hand-drawn titles that can be used to enhance your video projects.
- Applications: After Effects
- Requirements: None
- Author: Atamotion
Download and Try
Envato Elements offers the ultimate subscription for creatives. Subscribe on a monthly or yearly basis and get unlimited downloads of your favorite design resources like brush title effects, stock video, illustrations, graphics, and more!
More After Effects Brush Templates from Envato Elements
Brush animations come in all different shapes and sizes, but no matter the stroke you're looking for these fun and engaging templates have you covered! Continue reading and see our list with the best After Effects brush templates from Envato Elements:
More After Effects Brush Templates from Envato Elements
If you're looking for the right animated ink brush After Effects template, then this is the font for you. Get big, long, mid, short, small and thin strokes that can be easily modified in After Effects.
Corporate branding doesn't have to be boring. Reveal your logo to the world with colorful brush transitions and effects. Easily customize the colors to your liking.
These brush transitions will add movement and freshness to your videos. Give your projects a youthful and fun look with these After Effects brush templates.
Get your ideas across with strong visual support. Use this brush set to highlight text in your video that will help viewers understand it better.
Are you looking for unique ways to promote your brand? In addition to four different templates, this brush logo pack includes trendy and creative brush animations to help your logo stand out.
Who doesn’t love straight forward and to the point? Golden Ink Brush After Effects Template is classic logo reveal: a glowing gold brush stroke reveals your logo leaving only your logo affected by the passing brush animation. Nice!
With Redacted Brush Title Effects you get a clean titles with your font appearing on a bold brush stroke as its backdrop. You also get a bunch of other types of brushes as well.
Paint Brush After Effects Templates From Envato Market
This is one of the more artistic templates on this list and with that it’s not for every occasion, even though it would still look great! If you are looking for a really powerful sense of drama, try using Brush Memories to help tell your story.
Brush Opener is a modern slideshow opener for after effects. With its brush animations being more subtle than others on this list, It holds its place by being exciting and highly captivating.
A powerhouse of a pack, with a wonderful typeface script, 100’s of animation elements and brush animations, full alphabets, and solid base of transitions that are all hand-made and extremely professional. Try using these for trendy, eye-catching interviews.
This After Effects template pack includes paint 30 transition and preview opener to easily test each transition with your media.
Color Brush is just that! Add a bright splash a color to any project. Use it as an in-and-out for your for slideshows or as interesting transition.
Free Brush Transition Template from Mixkit
Have you heard about Mixkit? Here you can get free video transition effects, stock videos, brush title effects, templates, and more. Here's a freebie to try:
Get a free brush shape layer transitions for any type of video. Go ahead and customize the color of the transition so it fits your needs.
Learning Resources from Envato
Helpful Tips For Using Video Templates
- Templates are great as a starting point, but make sure to play around and tweak parameters to suit your project, creating something new and your own.
- Start with templates that don't require plug-ins. You'll find that with small steps you'll be getting the hang of it.
- Many template downloads come with a tutorial. It's fun to jump in head first and figure things out on your own, but watching the tutorials will save you time.
- If you're using many different templates across different projects, remember to be organized and keep them in relevant, well-labelled folders. If not, you'll find yourself in an uncomfortable, disorganized situation later on.
- Before jumping in to your project, try playing around with the template with no pressure. Learn the ins and outs of the template by taking the pressure off.
Free Video Course on Adobe After Effects
Do you want to learn how to make liquid animation titles? This course is perfect for animators, designers and artists who are experienced or just starting with After Effects.
In this course we'll go through:
- Adobe After Effects Tools
- Liquid Swirl Animations
- Liquid Splash Animations
- Final Touches
In the future, you could also try animating brush strokes!
More Top Templates
- 20 Top Cinematic Title Sequence Templates for After Effects to Make Creative OpenersEnvato Market11 Aug 2019
- 21 Top Motion Graphics Templates for After EffectsMarie Gardiner09 Nov 2022
- 6 Top Logo Sting Video Templates for After EffectsAndrew Childress09 Apr 2022
- How to Animate Text in After EffectsAndrew Blackman10 Jun 2020
- How to Use Compositions in After EffectsJackson Couse11 Oct 2019
- Welcome to After Effects: a Quick Tour of the Interface for BeginnersJackson Couse22 Jul 2019
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Items to Feature on Envato Tuts+.