Different (Brush) Strokes for Different Folks
Creating beautiful brush stroke animations using After Effects has never been easier, even if you aren't a full-time video pro: The talented creators at Envato Elements and Envato Market have produced some wonderful templates to help. Here's a look at our ten top brush animation effects, elements and templates for After Effects.
Top Brush Animation Templates from Envato Elements (Unlimted Downloads)
Brush animations come in all different shapes and sizes, but no matter
the stroke you're looking for these fun and engaging templates have you
Envato Elements is a powerful resource that can help you save time while improving the quality of your final projects. A monthly or annual subscription gains you access to a large library of tools, like courses here on Tuts+, and a giant catalogue of video templates, stock video, and music. All these help keep your workflow moving efficiently and the quality of your work top-notch.
With Brush Lower Thirds you get a clean titles with your font appearing on a bold brush stroke as its backdrop. Despite the name, you also get beautiful a bunch of other types of titles as well, including some that feature a cool paint splatter animation.
Who doesn’t love straight forward and to the point? Golden Brush Logo
is classic logo reveal: a glowing gold brush stroke reveals your logo
leaving only your logo affected by the passing brush animation. Nice!
Modern Store Event Promo is a grungy textured pack with a huge leg up, thanks to how direct its application is as well how easy it is to match your medias colours, add or take away the amount of grunge easily, and change RGB splits and light leaks on and off with a single click.
4. Street Food
Street Food is a fresh After Effects Template with a fresh juicy design and flying vegetables elements! No plug-ins required. The project contains ten placeholders for your images or videos and eight text holders for your titles or descriptions.
Get your ideas across with strong visual support. Whiteboard Brainstorm is such a great template to help bring excitement to your flow charts and slideshows. Expressing yourself has never been easier with its built-in pre-made presentation, just drop in your information and watch your ideas shine.
5 Top Templates and Brush Animation Elements from Envato Market (Pay-as-You-Go)
If you'd rather buy your templates as-you-go, ceck out these highlights from Envato Market:
This is one of the more artistic templates on this list and with that it’s not for every occasion, even though it would still look great! If you are looking for a really powerful sense of drama, try using Brush Memories to help tell your story.
7. Brush Opener
Brush Opener is a modern slideshow opener for after effects. With its brush animations being more subtle than others on this list, It holds its place by being exciting and highly captivating.
8. Brush Pack
A powerhouse of a pack, with a wonderful typeface script, 100’s of animation elements and brush animations, full alphabets, and solid base of transitions that are all hand-made and extremely professional. Try using these for trendy, eye-catching interviews.
This After Effects template pack includes paint 30 transition and preview opener to easily test each transition with your media.
10. Color Brush
Color Brush is just that! Add a bright splash a color to any project. Use it as an in-and-out for your for slideshows or as interesting transition.
Helpful Tips For Using Video Templates
are great as a starting point, but make sure to play around and tweak
parameters to suit your project, creating something new and your own.
- Start with templates that don't require plug-ins. You'll find that with small steps you'll be getting the hang of it.
- Many template downloads come with a tutorial. It's fun to jump in head first and figure things out on your own, but watching the tutorials will save you time.
- If you're using many different templates across different projects, remember to be organized and keep them in relevant, well-labelled folders. If not, you'll find yourself in an uncomfortable, disorganized situation later on.
- Before jumping in to your project, try playing around with the template with no pressure. Learn the ins and outs of the template by taking the pressure off.
More Video Resources from Envato
Keep Learning About After Effects
We've got your learning needs covered with courses and tutorials about After Effects. Here are a few to check out:
- 18 Top Creative and Cinematic Title Sequence Templates for Adobe After EffectsEnvato Market11 Aug 2019
- 21 Top Motion Graphics Templates for Adobe After Effects in 2020Marie Gardiner26 Dec 2019
- 6 Top Logo Sting Video Templates for After EffectsAndrew Childress09 Apr 2022
- How to Animate Text in After EffectsAndrew Blackman10 Jun 2020
- How to Use Compositions in After EffectsJackson Couse11 Oct 2019
- Welcome to After Effects: a Quick Tour of the Interface for BeginnersJackson Couse22 Jul 2019
Read Our Video Marketing Guide
Boost your video marketing skills
with our comprehensive guide: You'll learn video
marketing from start to finish, so that whether you're a novice or a
pro, you'll learn some useful skills that will improve your next video.
Download Free Video Footage From Mixkit
Check out Mixkit for high-quality royalty-free stock video footage that
you can use whenever you want, wherever you want, free of
charge. Find business videos, lifestyle videos, nature videos, and much more.
Make a Motion Graphics Video With PlaceIt
You don't need professional software to
make videos, you can make them right in your
browser: PlaceIt's video maker uses professionally-designed motion graphics templates to help you create custom videos in minutes.