If you love the retro look of the typewriter font and are looking for cool templates for After Effects that carry that iconic text, then you're in the right place. Today we'll share ten premium typewriter text templates for After Effects, all available from Envato Elements and Envato Market.
Top Typewriter Text Templates for After Effects
Featured Template From Envato Elements
This amazing template offers three stylised lower third graphics. The text is typed onto the screen just like a typewriter. The template is easy to customise: just add your text and render.
- three pre-made lower thirds graphics
- one- or two-line lower thirds
- Easily customisable
- Step-by-step video tutorial to help you customise the project quickly
Try This Template
With a subscription to Envato Elements, you get unlimited Adobe After Effects templates, audio, images, graphics, and more.
More Top Typewriter Text Templates From Envato Elements
One of the special things about Envato Elements is that you can download as many templates as you want, as often as you want, for one low monthly or yearly fee. So if our featured template isn't quite what you need, here are some great alternatives you can try instead.
- Typewriter Opener | AE is a great choice when you need an opener that offers typewriter text. The template offers three versions, and all the scenes have different animations.
- When you need an energetic typewriter text intro, look no further than Typewriter Stomp Intro. Pair it with some great upbeat music and hook your audience from the opening of your video.
- Is "futuristic and grunge" your aesthetic? Glitch Auto Generation and Typing offers the typewriter text feature you're looking for, but it's also added a pixelated quality to the font and plenty of glitch effects.
- Typewriter Pro doesn't offer that iconic typewriter text, but it does offer the action of the type moving across the page, and you can change the font to any typewriter font to complete the retro look if you want to.
- Looking for something a bit different? Try Lyric Video and Voice Over Template. It picks up the sound you use in your video and synchronises it with the typewriter text on the screen. How cool is that?
More Typewriter Text Templates on Envato Market
If you're looking to buy just one premium typewriter text template at a time, Envato Market is your best bet. Check out these templates for After Effects that you can find there.
Type your title and let this powerful After Effects template animate the typewriter for you so that your text appears as if it's being typed. This is a fun template for those who want to bring a bit of retro appeal to their projects.
This stop-motion After Effects template combines both typewriting and paper doodles to create a wonderfully unique look. The template contains 23 text and 33 image placeholders, as well as 5 different paper crumpling transitions.
Free Video Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
If you're an After Effects newbie and are looking for a free After Effects course to help improve your skills, After Effects for Beginners is an excellent FREE course from Envato Tuts+. You'll start with the interface before moving on to tools, workflow, keyframing, comps and precomping, shapes, masks, and so much more!
The Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel is a great resource for free courses, so make sure to subscribe and look out for regularly posted tips and tricks to help you create great videos.
More Templates for After Effects
Here are some more top After Effects tutorials and resources to try from Envato Tuts+:
- 15+ Top Logo Animation Templates for After EffectsMarie Gardiner30 Jun 2023
- How to Add Soft Lighting to Cartoon Animation in After EffectsJonathan Lam24 Sep 2021
- 10 Top Photo Animation Templates for After Effects With Parallax MotionMarie Gardiner29 Nov 2021
- A to Z of After Effects: Tips, Tricks, & HacksJonathan Lam20 Jul 2021
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Video Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
About the Author
Nona Blackman is a photographer and writer. She began her freelance copywriting career with Envato in 2017. Since then she has written over 400 articles for the Envato Tuts+ Design & Illustration, Photography & Video, Web Design, Code, Music & Audio, 3D & Motion Graphics, Business and Computer Skills sections, as well as the Envato Blog and the Envato Medium account.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
If you've used one of our featured templates to help you create a great project, do share your experience with us on the Envato forums. It's always good to hear from you and see what you've been up to.