Get ready to animate your very own character for your video project, with our top character rigging kits from Envato Elements.
What are Bone-Rigged Character Animations?
Character animations are figures brought to life with movement. Rigged characters go a step further, with extra movement controls for aspects like limbs and facial features. Rigging is made by creating a sort of bone structure which is then used to move the character, a bit like a puppet!
On this page we take a look at ten of the best Character Animation Kits, including rigged animations, for After Effects, available from Envato: we review premium templates from Envato Elements and Envato Market.
10 Top Character Animation Kits for After Effects
Featured Template Pack: Rigmo — Rigged Character Animation Mockup
Rigging your characters manually can be time-consuming. This customisable, pre-rigged character template gives your a head start — meaning less time setting bones and more time creating your animation.
This project was created by Envato Elements author creartdesign.
Eight unique characters with movement and expressions. There are eight After Effects files with rigging systems for 40 character animations. There's also a video tutorial included with commentary and subtitles to help you get started.
Download and Try
With a subscription to Envato Elements you get unlimited After Effects templates, stock video, audio, images, motion graphics and more.
More Top Character Animation Templates from From Envato Elements
Unlimited downloads from Envato Elements mean you can try as many After Effects templates as you like, so if the above template isn't quite your style, no worries! Here are some great alternatives.
- Change characters and adjust individual styles like face width, facial hair, nose size and more with Customisable Character Face Rig. There's full 3D turn control plus a choice of accessories.
- Design and Motion Character Animation Toolkit is a cool pack of character animation options including a number of professions with a full range of motions to choose from.
- Character Design Animation Toolkit has a range of professions and situations with relevant characters and animations. It includes animated backgrounds too!
- If you like your character animations on the small side then you'll love Design and Motion Tiny Character Animation Toolkit for After Effects.
After Effects Character Animation Templates on Envato Market
If an Elements subscription doesn't fit your project or you don't find what you need, with After Effects templates from Envato Market you can help keep your work on time, on budget, and professional. Here are some great character animation kits for After Effects from Envato Market:
There are over 30 pre-made characters in this toolkit, which you can use as a starting point to customise, or you can build your own. Modify character length, body proportions, clothes, accessories and much more. There's 180 degree character rotation and two rigs included to control limbs.
10 pre-made, fully customizable characters with over 100 loopable animations and rigged characters. Some actions you can choose from include: driving a car, waving, riding a bike, and sitting down.
This AE animation toolkit lets you move characters in all eight directions with its full-rigged character module. Characters can interact with a scene and react with a range of expressions.
Animal Character Animation Explainer Toolkit — Sale: $39 (usually $59!)
Something a little different, try this animation toolkit featuring animals instead of people. There are more than 20 pre-made animal characters and you can change body size, facial expressions, textures and more. There's also an advanced character rig to help you create your own animations.
More Resources for Animators
To help you get creative, here are more free resources from Envato Tuts+.
Keep Studying with Envato Tuts+
Popular Animation Tutorials
- 3 Ways to Colour Grade Cartoon Animation Using After Effects
- How to Add Motion Blur Effects to Cartoon Animation Using After Effects
- How to Add Soft Lighting to Cartoon Animation in After Effects
If you enjoyed these templates and would like to learn more about character rigging, our free tutorial How to Rig and Animate a Character in Cartoon Animator and After Effects walks you through how to use After Effects in conjunction with Cartoon Animator to create quick and easy animations.
Free Video Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
If you love animation and would like to learn more, try our free course How to Animated in After Effects, where you'll learn about keyframe animation, how to reveal text with masks and shape layers, how to animate a logo ad much more.
More Free Articles and Resources for Animations
Find more top templates and tips in these articles:
- AnimationHow to Make a Talking Avatar With Cartoon Animator and After EffectsJonathan Lam
- AnimationHow to Animate Any Photo With Cartoon Animator and After EffectsJonathan Lam
- AnimationHow to Add Special Effects to Cartoon Animation Using After EffectsJonathan Lam
- Animation10 Top Cartoon Animation Elements and Templates for After EffectsNona Blackman
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Video Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
Jackson Couse edited and published this page on October 13th, 2021.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Finally, if you put one of these After Effects templates to use, please do let us know on the Envato forums. We love to see the projects you create!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly