Nighttime and low-light photography is a great way to have fun and expand your skills as a photographer. From setting up long exposures to searching for unique light sources and pushing higher ISO, there's nothing like taking your camera out for a new adventure with you. With these new creative experiences, you might be interested in a few tools, like look-up tables and presets to make a great nighttime shot even better.
Let's take a look!
10 Top LUTs and Lightroom Presets for Night Photography
Featured LUT for Night Photography From Envato Elements
A beautiful Lightroom preset pack filled with sharp and catchy options that play off the deeper shades, tones, and textures within your photographs. While designed for low light, these options are still incredibly versatile, allowing you to use them from anything between blogs and moody promo features.
This project was created by Envato Elements author nmc2010.
Easy to use design allowing you to quickly try and compare each preset.
Download and Try
With a subscription to Envato Elements you get unlimited Lightroom Presets and more.
More Top Nighttime Photography LUTs and Presets
From Envato Elements
Unlimited downloads from Envato Elements makes it easy to try as many Lightroom templates as you'd like. If you are looking for more options to round out your photographs, these presets might be everything you need:
- Something similar: If you'd like another similar option to our featured item, consider 20 Night Life Lightroom Presets and LUTs, a powerful preset pack that allows you to easily manage the strength of the LUT applied while maintaining the integrity of skin tones.
- For those who like to look up: Night Sky Lightroom Presets is perfect for those long exposure shots of the beautiful night sky, while you are out of the cities bright lights. This pack has 11 options that will do wonders for your photographs no matter the feel you're after.
- Night in the city: For the those beautiful nighttime city shots, I recommend ARTA Night 2 Presets. The presets in this pack have been tested on huge variety of phones and DSLR cameras to give a wide range of creators a tool they can use despite the medium you shoot with.
- Something a little different: 20 Apocalypse Lightroom Presets & LUTs is a little different from the rest of the presets on this list. Bold, moody and incredibly styled, to push your photos into a realm all of their own.
- For astrophotographers: Last up from our Elements list is 20 Astro Photography Lightroom Presets, another stunning landscape option for the star seekers out there.
Lightroom Presets for Night Photography on Envato Market
An Elements subscription might not fit your project. With Lightroom Presets you can keep your post-production on a budget and still create great looks.
A beautiful preset pack that's been crafted to play off the beautiful darks and highlights that shine throughout city landscapes.
A fantastic modern pack that adds vivid pops of colours and pulls from dark tones. These presets are easy to use and are available for both desktop and mobile use!
A quick preset featuring one option for both desktop and phone that elegantly boosts the visual drama of a striking lighting strike.
More Resources for Photographers
To help you get creative, here are more free resources from Envato Tuts+.
Keep Studying with Envato Tuts+
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you use presets in Lightroom Mobile?
- How do you use manual mode in Lightroom Mobile?
- Should I start a vlog?
Filmmaking and photography is made easier with tutorials Envato Tuts+. There are thousand of lessons here that range from quick tips to in-depth courses that take you through entire programs. If you are looking for some good starting points, check out A Photographers Guide to Light to learn some fundamentals, and Wedding Photography for Beginners to get yourself started in a new career. Or check out Adobe Photoshop for Beginners and Setting Up Your Mac for Photo and Video to get comfortable with the editing suites.
Free Video Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
Subscribe to the Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel for free courses taking you through step-by-step on a variety of software, subjects and techniques. Here's a great course that covers Everything About Lenses.
More Resources From Envato
Envato has lots of resources to try. PlaceIt lets you make high quality motion graphics in your browser, no software needed. Envato Studio connects you with creative talent for your projects. Reshot has free photos, icons, and graphics. Twenty20 has a diverse library of stock photography and thoughtfully curated collections.
Find more top templates for Final Cut Pro in these articles:
- Photography10 Top Cinematic LUT Packs and Lightroom Presets (Colour Grading Looks)Marie Gardiner
- Photography20 Top Lightroom Presets for PhotographyJackson Couse
- Photography50 Top Lightroom Presets for 2021Andrew Childress
- Photoshop Actions15 Best Fashion Photography Actions and Presets for Photoshop and LightroomMarie Gardiner
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
About the Authors
Andre Bluteau is musician and filmmaker from Canada. While primarily working on personal projects, Bluteau has worked produced and edited music videos for Polaris and Juno nominated artists. His work can be heard at Baker and Andre Bluteau as well as on YouTube.
This page was edited and published by Jackson Couse on September 28, 2021.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Last but not least, if you are using one of these presets let us know by joining the Envato forums. We look forward to seeing your creations!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post