Do you love an atmospheric matte or faded look in your photos? Take the hassle out of editing with some of our favourite professionally made LUTs and presets.
LUTs and Presets for Lightroom to Create Matte and Faded Colour Looks
Featured Template Pack: Faded Lightroom Presets
Try a luxurious matte finish with our featured Lightroom preset pack.
This project was created by Envato Elements author 2FX.
An ultra-faded set of 30 presets that create a soft, washed out look in seconds. Bring out shadow details and add a vintage look to photos of new-borns, portraits, weddings and more.
Download and Try
With a subscription to Envato Elements you get unlimited Lightroom presets and LUTs, video, audio, images, graphics and more.
More Top Presets & LUTs for Lightroom From Envato Elements
Unlimited downloads from Envato Elements mean you can try as many Lightroom presets as you like, so if the above pack isn't quite your style, no worries! Here are some great alternatives.
- Give your photos a dramatic film aesthetic with 20 Urban Matte Lightroom Presets & LUTs. They're perfect for street and fashion photos.
- 50 Matte Film Lightroom Presets LUTs is a huge Lightroom LUT (DNG plus XML) pack sorted into five categories, each containing 10 picture style presets.
- Skin tones are protected with 20 Colorful Fade Lightroom Presets & LUTs, making them perfect for portrait photographs.
- Matte Tone Collection Lightroom Presets has a subtle matte look to create a soft, velvety finish to your images. There are 10 included, all in .LR, ATN and XMP format.
- 50 Matte LUTs Pack has a cinematic feel and looks great. There are 50 LUTs to choose from and you can adjust them to suit.
Lightroom LUTs and Presets on Envato Market
If an Elements subscription doesn't fit your project or you don't find what you need, with Lightroom presets from Envato Market you can keep your work on-budget and still get professional results. Here are some great Lightroom presets to help you choose:
13 Lightroom presets which are quick and easy to use, giving your photos a matte, vintage look. They come as a Lightroom template and so work with RAW, JPEG, TIFF and DNG images.
Compatible with Lightroom 4 and above for both Mac and PC, this set of 20 presets works particularly well with fashion photos, adding a light matte filter in a non-destructive way.
Designed to create a smooth matte effect while keeping your image sharp with clear colours, Matte Tones adds a gentle, moody aesthetic.
Apply a matte effect with one click using this Lightroom preset. Use on high resolution images for the best effect, and there's a help file included if you need it.
More Resources for Lightroom Users
To help you get creative, here are more free resources from Envato Tuts+.
Keep Studying with Envato Tuts+
Popular Lightroom Tutorials
- How to Use Manual Camera Settings to Take Photos With Lightroom Mobile
- How to Print Photos With Lightroom Classic
- How to Use Presets and Filters in Lightroom Mobile
If you're new to Lightroom or to photography in generally, then you might like How to Create a Signature Look for Your Photos With Lightroom Classic, where you'll learn how to develop a style and a recognisable continuity between your images.
Free Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
Subscribe to the Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel for loads of courses on photography, video, coding, design, and more. If you are thinking about getting into photography professionally weddings are a great place to start, but they can also be a challenge. Here's our free course on wedding photography for beginners to set you off in the right direction:
More Top Resources for Lightroom
Find more great presets in these articles:
- Photography10 Anime Inspired LUTs and Presets for Colourful Photos in LightroomMarie Gardiner
- Photography10 Top Film-Style Look Presets for LightroomMarie Gardiner
- Photography10 Top Cinematic LUT Packs and Lightroom Presets (Colour Grading Looks)Marie Gardiner
- Photography10 Top Landscape Photography Lightroom PresetsDuncan Clark
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Items to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
About the Authors
Marie Gardiner is a writer and photographer from the North East of England. After gaining her degree in Film and Media, Marie worked in the media industry, before leaving to set up the business she runs with her partner: Lonely Tower Film & Media. As well as writing about visual practices like photography and video, Marie is also the author of Sunderland Industrial Giant (The History Press, 2017) and Secret Sunderland (Amberley Publishing 2019). Her photographic work focuses on landscapes and industrial ruins, particularly those of the North Pennines as she continues to work on her long-form documentary project Changing Landscapes.
Jackson Couse edited and published this page on October 13th, 2021.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Finally, if you put one of these Lightroom presets to use, please do let us know on the Envato forums. We love to see the projects you create!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post