A time-lapse effect can add style and interest to your video. Here are some of our best resources for After Effects (and more!) to help you show yours off at its best.
3 Top Time-lapse Photography Video Templates for After Effects
This is a nice way to create a sense of movement like time-lapse with your images and still have room for any messages you might want to include. The style is minimal and clean.
This template for After Effects has placeholders for both video and photographs. Include a time-lapse in the background and individual images in frames, throughout the template. There’s space for additional text if you want to include dates or descriptions.
Include photos and videos in this neat slideshow for After Effects with parallax movement and dust and particle effects. Links to the fonts are included and everything is fully customisable.
More Time-Lapse Assets
Try some more time-lapse resources. They’re all from Envato Elements so they’re included in a monthly subscription.
Timelapse – Music Track
Add a cool, dramatic sound track to your time-lapse video.
Clouds Timelapse – Stock Footage
If you’re looking for a time-lapse of something specific but can’t get, try stock footage instead. This one features clouds gently passing from left to right.
Another clever way to give your images movement in just a few clicks.
More Video Resources From Envato
Learn How to Make Time-lapse Video
Learn all about how to make time-lapse video in our course, or with the free tutorials below.
- Long Exposure5 Ways to Experiment with Long Exposures for the First TimeSimon Bray
- TimelapseBramping: Making Advanced Time-Lapse With TriggerTrapHarry Guinness
- TimelapseHow to Create Time-Lapse Sequences in Adobe After EffectsKevin Gater
- ProductionCreate Your Own HDR Day to Night TimelapseStefan Surmabojov
- ElectronicsCreating Time-lapse Photography With a Raspberry PiBen Miller
- TimelapseJPEG vs. RAW: What's Better for Time-Lapse?Kevin Gater
- TimelapseHow to Time-Lapse: Turn Photos Into Video With Adobe PhotoshopKirk Nelson
- VideoHow to Add Motion to Your Documentary With a TimelapseSlavik Boyechko
- Final Cut ProHow to Create a Timelapse Video in Final Cut Pro XSlavik Boyechko
- ShootingCreating a Starlight Time Lapse VideoStefan Surmabojov
Read the Envato Video Marketing Guide
Boost your video marketing skills with our comprehensive guide: You'll learn video marketing from start to finish, so that whether you're a novice or a pro, you'll learn some useful skills that will improve your next video.
Download Free Video, Free Music, and Free Motion Graphics Templates From Mixkit
Make a Motion Graphics Video Online With PlaceIt
You don't need professional software to create visually-appealing videos, you can make them right in your browser: PlaceIt is an online service with a video maker uses professionally-designed motion graphics templates.
Envato Elements: Unlimited Downloads
Envato Elements offers millions of stock items: photos, music, video clips, fonts, graphics templates of all sorts, video project templates for After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Motion, and creative courses from Envato Tuts+, all with a single subscription.
More Great After Effects Templates
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly