The grunge aesthetic can mean a few things depending who you ask. From the 90's genre of music to the fashion that was born out of the time and culture, the common theme that runs through the core of grunge is raw expression.
Translating this dynamic aesthetic to your videos, with the use of templates from Elements, is fun and easy. In this article we'll take a look at ten grunge templates for Final Cut Pro, available from Envato Elements and Envato Market. We also have a free template option from Mixkit. Let's jump in!
Top Grunge Templates for Final Cut Pro
Featured Template Pack for Grunge Aesthetics From Envato Elements
Add a hand-made animation feeling to a logo sting with this template. Beautiful and dynamically animated scribbles and distortions come together to reveal your logo, with pops of noise and colour effects.
This project was created by Envato Elements author Atamotion.
Easy drop-in media replacement (for your logo) and colour customization.
Download and Try
With a subscription to Envato Elements you get unlimited Final Cut Pro templates and more.
More Top Grunge Templates From Envato Elements
Unlimited downloads from Envato Elements makes it easy to try as many Final Cut Pro templates as you'd like. If you are looking for more templates to round out your video, check out these fantasticly gnarly alternatives:
- For another great logo reveal, try Cinematic Grunge Logo V3 to show off your brand.
- After you have your logo reveal all locked in, try checking out a vintage look. VHS Opener or VHS Street Opener are great VHS openers with their own unique take, while both nailing the 90's vibe.
- Another option to consider would be a transition pack that offers tonnes of modular assets, letting you build your own transitions by mixing and matching your favourite in and out points. Useful Transitions is just that! While these transitions aren't really the most grungy, a modular transition pack can be used to tie your colour graded footage together.
- With colour grading in mind, take a look at Film Looks for Final Cut Pro, a loaded pack that works with practically all cameras, and features 700 film looks, including a good number of presets that can transform your footage into something straight out of the 90's.
Final Cut Pro Grunge Templates on Envato Market
An Elements subscription might not fit your project. With Final Cut Pro templates from Envato Market you can keep your work on a budget without skimping on the design.
Grunge Transitions — $19
This is creative transition pack features 20 assets that utilize bokeh, light leaks, and glitches combined with animated dust and scratches to achieve a vintage grunge look.
This thoughtfully designed and unique into is perfect a video with a mysterious or paranormal vibe. Top Secret is a grunge inspired template that contains four editable text layers, three media placeholders, and one logo placeholder.
A great static overlay pack featuring five options with alpha channel. Simple and to the point, use this to build your aesthetic into something unique.
VHS Glitch Pack — $18
Check out this pack that has 15 amazing analog overlays of glitches and beautiful textures that can be used to create an authentic aesthetic. These overlays have been captured at a high quality 16:9 aspect ratio.
Free FCP Template from Mixkit
For FCP templates that are completely free try Mixkit. Here's one of the best for a grunge aesthetic:
Colour Distortion Glitch - Free
This is a creative glitch effect with a beautiful distortion as one clip moves to another.
More Resources for Filmmakers
To help you get creative, here are more free resources from Envato Tuts+.
Keep Studying with Envato Tuts+
- On- Camera Sounds: Audio Essentials for Solo Video Producers
- How to Create a Compelling Call to Action
- Professional Vlogging
Filmmaking is made simple with Tuts+. There are thousand of amazing, well thought out lessons that range from quick tips, to in-depth courses that take you through entire programs. If you are just getting your bearings used to working with a camera, check out Recording Video with a DSLR and How to Record Better Video on Your Smartphone.
Free Video Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
Subscribe to the Envato Tuts+ YouTube channel for free courses taking you through step-by-step on a variety of software, subjects and techniques. Plus we regularly post the hottest trends and tips. Here is our course on a skill everyone needs these days: voice recording:
More Resources From Envato
Envato has lots of resources to try. PlaceIt lets you make high quality motion graphics in your browser, no software needed. Envato Studio connects you with creative talent for your projects. Reshot has free photos, icons, and graphics. Twenty20 has a diverse library of stock photography and thoughtfully curated collections.
More FCP Templates
Find more top templates for Final Cut Pro in these articles:
- 15 Top Intro Video Templates for Final Cut Pro XAndrew Childress10 May 2021
- 3 Top Astrology Video Templates for Final Cut Pro X (Instagram+)Andrew Childress29 Nov 2020
- 20 Top Transition Packs to Make Cool Cuts in Final Cut Pro XAndrew Childress07 Jan 2021
- 10 Top Skateboard Video Templates for Final Cut Pro X (Motion Graphics)André Bluteau05 May 2021
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Video Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
This page was edited and published by Jackson Couse.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Last but not least! if you find yourself using one of these Final Cut templates, let us know by joining the Envato forums. We look forward to seeing your creations!