YouTube Shorts are videos of 15 seconds or less, designed to be uploaded from your phone. If you prefer to create Shorts videos in the comfort of your usual editing suite, then why not use a professionally made video template or two, too? On this page we take a look at top After Effects templates available from Envato: ten premium templates from Envato Elements and Envato Market to help you make YouTube Shorts.
10 Top YouTube Shorts Templates for After Effects
Featured Template Pack for YouTube Shorts From Envato Elements
A vertical (1080x1920) opener for After Effects that would work perfectly for YouTube Shorts. The style is bright, bold and colourful, with eye-catching text and interesting animations.
This project was created by Envato Elements author PixartStudios.
There are 20 unique titles which are easy to modify and customize. A PDF is included to help you get to know this After Effect's templates features and how to adjust them to suit your requirements. Just move markers to adjust duration.
Try This Template
With a subscription to Envato Elements you get unlimited After Effects templates, video, audio, images, graphics and more.
More YouTube Shorts Templates From Envato Elements
Unlimited downloads from Envato Elements mean you can try as many After Effects templates as you like, so if the above template isn't quite your style, no worries! Here are some great alternatives.
- Try Stomp Instagram 3 in 1 for a fast, clean style with square format included too, or try Instagram Glitch Opener for something a bit different, an edgier, glitch style.
- Instagram Stories for YouTubers is decked out in the YouTube classic red, white and black colours, with several styles to choose from. IGTV — Stylish Event Promo has vertical, square and horizontal format so is perfect for consistency across your other video channels, as well as making YouTube Shorts. 26 elements, made for Instagram but that also work well with YouTube Shorts. There are 6 categories, but you can expect things like reactions and stylish text placeholders, as well as some full vertical video designs.
- And why not try a Youtube Channel Kit for a set of elements for your YouTube channel, including lower thirds, subscribe and overlay buttons, transitions and much more.
YouTube Shorts After Effects Template Options on Envato Market
If an Elements subscription doesn't fit your project or you don't find what you need, with After Effects templates from Envato Market you can keep your work on a budget without skimping on the design. Here are some great vertical video template picks for YouTube Shorts from Envato Market:
In 4K Ultra HD this After Effects vertical template looks great and is perfect for your next YouTube Short. There are 12 options included, with an additional five transitions as a bonus. The template works with any font and also with either video or photos.
These self-resizing titles for After Effects are in vertical format, fully editable and let you adjust the duration, meaning they're super-flexible for your next YouTube Short. There are in-and-out animations and it includes a link to the fonts used in the demo.
If you'd like to promote something in your YouTube Shorts then why not try this vertical sales promo template for After Effects. There are three presets that are customizable and the project boasts a fast rendering time.
More Resources for YouTube Creators
To help you get creative, here are more free resources from Envato Tuts+.
Keep Studying with Envato Tuts+
Popular After Effects Tutorials
- How to Rig and Animate a Character in Cartoon Animator and After Effects
- How to Add Adobe After Effects Animations to a Web Page
- How to Make a Product Promo Video in After Effects
If you'd like to improve or add to your filming and video knowledge, then Tuts+ has a number of free resources for you to help you out. If you're in the process of creating a film, or a YouTube Short in After Effects, then you'll love our A to Z of After Effects: Tips, Tricks & Hacks.
Free Video Courses: Follow Envato Tuts+ on YouTube
If you're interested in learning more about After Effects then you'll love our free mega course. David Bode will take you through everything from After Effects basics, through to nailing your compositions and layers, and then onto more complicated tools and techniques such as keyframes, masks, shapes and text.
More Templates for After Effects
Find more top templates for After Effects in these articles:
- Video20 Top Handwriting Text Templates for After Effects (Animated Graphics)Andrew Childress
- Video20 Flavours of After Effects: 56 Templates in Top Search CategoriesMarie Gardiner
- Video15 Top Creative Marketing Video Templates for After Effects in 2021Marie Gardiner
- Video55 More Useful and Stylish Video Templates for After Effects (5 Free)Envato Market
More Resources From Envato
Envato has even more resources to try. PlaceIt lets you make high quality motion graphics in your browser, no software needed. Envato Studio connects you with creative talent for your projects. Reshot has free photos, icons, and graphics. Twenty20 has a diverse library of stock photography and thoughtfully curated collections. And you can give your brand's channel a boost with our comprehensive guide for video marketing content creators.
About This Page
How We Picked
We looked at projects and considered all kinds of variables, including organization, complexity, experience required and overall difficulty, minimum hardware specifications, included versions and options, formats, resolution, file size, dependencies and required plug-ins (if any), language options, software versions supported, style, design, and cost. You can read more about how we select items at How We Pick Video Templates to Feature on Envato Tuts+.
About the Authors
Marie Gardiner is a writer and photographer from the North East of England. After gaining her degree in Film and Media, Marie worked in the media industry, before leaving to set up the business she runs with her partner: Lonely Tower Film & Media. As well as writing about visual practices like photography and video, Marie is also the author of Sunderland Industrial Giant (The History Press, 2017) and Secret Sunderland (Amberley Publishing 2019). Her photographic work focuses on landscapes and industrial ruins, particularly those of the North Pennines as she continues to work on her long-form documentary project Changing Landscapes.
This page was edited and published by Jackson Couse.
Share Your Craft on the Envato Forums
Finally, if you put one of these After Effects templates to use, please do let us know on the Envato forums. We love to see the projects you create!
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new Photo & Video tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post